Hot Stone Massage
The concept behind hot stone massage therapy is that direct heat of the stones relaxes muscles, allowing the therapist access to the deeper muscle layers.
Using hot stones with a full body massage provides a very healing and effective experience.
The hot stones also expand blood vessels which encourage blood flow throughout the body. The heat also has a sedative effect that may relieve chronic pain, reduce stress and promotes deep relaxation.
- May provide relief from pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and other chronic conditions.
- Decreases pain and muscle spasms.
- Decreases chronic stress and tension.
- Increases flexibility in joints, aiding easier mobility and movement.
- Relieves pain and tension created by strained and contracted muscles.
- Benefits people suffering from cold hands and feet.
- Detoxification of the body-increased lymphatic function.
- May help bloating caused by water retention.
- Soothe Pms related symptoms.
- May help improve low mood
- Help reduce back pain.
Swedish massage is the foundation of all other types of Western massage, including sports massage, tissue and aromatherapy.
It is based on the Western concepts of anatomy and physiology rather than using the ‘meridians’ which is used in the Asian system.
Swedish uses a variety of techniques, specifically designed to relax muscles by applying pressure to them against deeper muscles and bones.
The main purpose of the massage is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood circulation and to release toxins from the muscles.
As well as removing lactic, uric acid and other wastes from the body, some of the benefits of Swedish massage include the stretching of muscles and tendons, making them more flexible, it is also known to stimulate the skin and nervous system to reduce emotional and physical stress.
- Improves skin tone by removing dead cells and improving circulation
- Stimulates blood circulation and assists lymphatic system
- Relieves tension and restores flexibility to tight, sore muscles and improves muscle tone
- Improves the flow of nutrients to soft tissue and joints
- Slows and regulates respiration promoting deeper and easier breathing
- Stretches connective tissue, increases tissue metabolism, joint mobility and lowers blood pressure by reducing the heart rate
- Increases the red blood cell count and stimulates the immune system and strengthens resistance to disease
- Relieves cramps, muscle spasm, reduces pain and swelling by stimulating the release of endorphins
- Reduces anxiety, mental stress and promotes sleep
- Increases awareness of the mind body connection
- Improves concentration and a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
If you are feeling run down, stressed out and possibly on the brink of depression, Swedish Massage is the perfect remedy. Stress is all around us every day and how your body handles this stress is what makes the difference to your health.
Indian Head Massage
The aim if the massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, neck and shoulders.
The massage works the Ayurvedic concept, which goes beyond the limits of healing and places emphasis on balance. Working with the chakras has a powerful effect and can bring the energy of the whole body back into balance.
One of the most common stress related complaints is headaches, with around 95% of the population suffering from them at some point.
Massaging the scalp face, neck and shoulders can relieve eyestrain, improve concentration, eliminate muscular tension and restore joint movement. Massaging the head is one of the best ways of reducing stress by encouraging the supply of oxygen to the brain. Oxygen helps us think clearly and creatively.
Indian head massage attacks stress in an immediate way by accessing the physical effects, ot aids relaxation and sleep.
By working on stress Indian head massage has the effect of slowing down the mind, time becomes less important for the duration of the massage, as sensual awareness takes over. Thoughts quieten and awareness is brought to the forefront.
Indian head Massage may help these conditions
- Tension Headaches and migraines
- Tinnitus and other hearing problems
- Hair loss and thinning
- Muscle tension and neck/shoulder stiffness
- Sinus congestion
- Stress, anxiety and DepressionQuotes from the media‘Regular head massages is wonderfully relaxing, enhances the health of the scalp and promotes growth of lustrous hair’ The Observer.‘Regular head massage…is guaranteed to lift you out of the hustle and bustle’ Harpers & Queen‘If we had half an hour of this a week, I am convinced, life would be sunnier’
It is however widely accepted that reiki can be given and received equally effectively hands off or via distant healing.
The word ‘reiki’ literally translates as Universal life force energy.
It is a non invasive complementary therapy that has been used in the UK since the late 1900’s, but Eastern medicine has for thousands of years worked with this energy, recognising its flow through all living things.
Reiki is not a replacement for conventional medicinal treatment, it can support traditional medicine or be used on its own.
It is not based on any belief, faith or suggestion.
It is given fully clothed, in a quiet space and is suitable for everyone, adults, children, pregnant woman and even animals.
Scientific research has shown that reiki practitioners emit electro-magnetic or bio magnetic energy from their hands, many appear to correspond to those medical researchers have identified as being the optimum frequencies for stimulating the healing process in tissue, bones and other body parts..
Reiki can help by encouraging relaxation and bringing balance to both mind and emotions.
Benefits reported by clients include deep relaxation, promoting a calm peaceful sense of well being on all levels.
- Aids better sleep
- Accelerates the bodies self healing system
- Reduces blood pressure
- Can help with acute injuries and chronic problems such as asthma, eczema, headaches. It may also aid the breaking of addictions.
- Helps relieve pain
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system, bringing the body into balance and harmony
- Assists the body in cleaning itself of toxins
- Reduces the side effects of drugs and helps the body recover after surgery or chemotherapy
- Supports the immune system
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional cleaning
Swedish Massage whole body massage 60mins (on couch) – £40
A deeply relaxing, tranquil whole body massage, using Swedish massage techniques. One hour when all your worries and stresses melt away. Leaving you feeling blissfully relaxed and calm.
Luxury Swedish Massage 90 mins (on couch) – £55
Indulge yourself in a whole body massage, inducing deep relaxation, then experience a magical de-stressing scalp massage, a soothing facial massage using a special aromatherapy facial oil by Eve Taylor. This pampering experience will leave you floating on air.
Swedish Massage Back/Neck & Shoulders 30mins (on couch) – £20
We carry much of our tension and stress within these areas, this 30 minute treatment focuses specifically on this areas, working on those knots of tension and loosening up tired, tense muscles.
Swedish Massage Leg Massage 30mins (on couch) – £20
Legs can become tired, aching and sore for many reasons. This massage works specifically on those aching leg muscles, first warming and then loosening them to provide relief.
Swedish Massage Legs and feet 45 mins(on couch) – £28
Working on both the legs and feet, provides a wonderfully relaxing, soothing massage experience.
Hot Stone Whole Body Massage 60 mins (on couch) – £45
Hot stone massage uses Swedish massage techniques, but with the added punch of blissful warm basalt stones. Wrapping the body in a fabulous feeling of warmth, the hot stones penetrate deep into muscles, easing pain & tension whilst promoting deep relaxation.
Hot Stone Massage: Back/Neck & Shoulders 30 mins (on couch) – £25
Using the wonderful penetrating warmth of the basalt stones to get deeper into the muscles, provides a soothing, stress releasing treatment.
Hot Stone Leg Massage 30 mins (on couch) – £25
Using the wonderful heat from the basalt stones, enables a deeper penetration of the muscles in the legs, resulting in the of soothing those tired muscles, relaxes and melts away tension.
Hot Stone Massage Legs & Feet 45 mins(on couch) – £30
Soothe those tired legs and feet with the magical warmth of the basalt hot stones. Leg muscles will relax and stretch and feet will feel warm and soothed. A fantastic treatment to relax and eliminate stress.
Scalp Massage (known as Indian Head) 30 mins – £20
This blissful experience, includes the back, shoulders ,arms, neck & head. It is carried out sat in chair, fully clothed, using no oils, so perfect for returning to everyday life afterwards.
It is a truly magical massage sensation, calms, soothes and relaxes.
Reiki 60mins – £30
Reiki is a natural, gentle, non-invasive, yet powerful treatment. It brings the body back to balance, releasing stress, anxiety and tension.
Reiki can bring about inner peace, helping you cope better with life. Reiki works on the whole body, where its needed
Send Us a Message
From our Facebook Page
UK Queen of Waxing Trained
Where are we:
45 Arnhall Drive